01 02 03 Now that's pretty: New years resolution: Be a tourist! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New years resolution: Be a tourist!

34

Last night I had a bit of an epiphany. I know most people (especially bloggers) had their new years resolutions prepared in September but mine are still a working progress. I'm hoping to have them all written down by the weekend so I can keep track of them throughout the year but who knows?

Anyway, back to the epiphany. If all goes to plan and real life and money troubles don't get in the way me and George are planning to go to Paris next spring. I was laying bed last night researching things to do and writing endless lists of places we could eat ( I had about 25 written down despite the fact we'd only be there for a couple of days) when I found a list of the top ten best things to do in Edinburgh. This then led me to the best places to eat in Edinburgh and the best small shops and it suddenly dawned on me that I was living in a place that was a was wonderful and desired holiday destination for a gazillion people and yet I'd never done any of these things! And so my plan is to be a tourist. I'm going to work my through all of the lists and visit the castle and buy a loch ness monster hat; dignity be damned!

The graphic at the top is from the most perfect little book called this is Edinburgh by Miroslav Sasek.
The list of best eats is here if you're interested.

Labels:

35 36 37 38