Saturday, 21 September 2013
DIY Paper Ball Garland
You will need:
Cups (to dry the balloons in)
Crepe Paper (I used those cheap party streamers)
1. Inflate your balloon to the desired size. Remember that the smaller you make your balloon the harder it is to make them perfectly round.
2. Coat your balloon with PVA.
3. Wrap the crepe streamers round and round the balloon stretching as you go.
4. After you have wrapped your balloon fully paint a layer of PVA over the crepe to make the finish smooth.
5. Now keep adding layers of paper and glue until you have about 4/5 layers. Let dry for 24 hours.
6. When you are certain your paper is dry, snip your balloon, let it deflate and pull it out.
Now make as many balls as you want on your string. You can either use a glue gun to secure the balls over fairy lights (ensuring only to glue the paper onto the plastic rather than to the bulb) or simply make a hole in the paper and thread onto a string.