01 02 03 Now that's pretty: The Populaire dress 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Populaire dress

34
Since you guys loved the Toucan dress I thought I would share some more of my dress creations with you. I recently saw Populaire; the cutest little French film about a girl who enters a speed typewriting competition. You can see the trailer here. I wholly recommend it because it is utterly adorable. It is set in the 1950s and so naturally the fashion is absolutely amazing; there is one dress I particularly loved (this one!) which is a dark blue number with a really elaborate white collar. I decided I wanted to make it show my love but I wasn't too fond of dark blue so went for this wonderful pattern. It turned out not to be too off with the general feel of the film as I think the colours are pretty perfect for a late 1950s vibe.
Another thing I love about the film is her nails. To teach her how to type properly she has a typewriter where the keys are painted according to which finger she should use to press it; she then paints her fingernails with the corresponding colour. I love it and so gave myself a bit of a Populaire manicure.
I also decided to try and make some removable collars for the first time. They aren't attached to the actual dress but simply fasten at the back with a hook and eye and then balance on your shoulders. They haven't slipped around at all though so I think I shall make more. Which is your favourite? I think the square suits my shape the dress the most but I have so much affection for the scallops!

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38