01 02 03 Now that's pretty: DIY Bat Lanterns 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

DIY Bat Lanterns

34
I continue on my mission for easy and cute halloween decorations! These little bats have been hanging up in my room for a couple of days now and I can't stop giggling at them! They're sooo silly; their faces just crack me up. That might just be me though. I am well and truly getting into the halloween spirit now, but in sort of an odd way. What with preparing for the wedding party there are piles of white roses EVERYWAH! and so the mixture of pumpkins and bats and then uber romance is a little odd but ahh well. Juxtaposition is the spice of life, right? Anyway, on with the bats!

You will need:
Black paper lanterns (mine were 8")
Some string to hang them by
A glue gun
A glue stick
Various Coloured Paper
A sharpie
1. Take your lantern and make sure it' not damaged before putting it together.
2. Ta da!
3. Make a template for your wing that covers an A5 side and trace onto black card. Cut out 2 per bat.
4. The minimum your bat needs are two black ears, two black wings and some eyes. I used yellow paper and then a sharpie to draw in pupils. You can go a lot more out there though. I decided to line my ears with matching yellow paper, add a crazy mouth and add a little glint to the eyes using a white hole punched piece of paper. Nifty, hey?
5. Bend the end of your wing up a little to attach to the lantern. Apply hot glue along this edge.
6. Glue to the lantern and hold for about 20 seconds until completely dry. Glue on the other wing.
7. Do the same with the ears.
8. To glue on the features just add a big glob of glue gun glue onto them and press.

Weird Halloween bats have never been so cute.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38