You will need:
A needle and thread or a sewing machine
A pale blue pen
Card for a template
2. Using the palest pen you have transfer onto white felt.
3. Cut out your snowflake
4. Ta-da! Now cut out around 5-6 identical snowflakes.
5. Position your snowflakes in a line on your red felt.
6. Once you're happy with their position pin them in place.
7. Using the smallest stitch possible secure the snowflake in place by sewing neatly around the circle.
8. Now to stop your flakes flapping around sew down the vertical lines of your snowflakes.
9. Trim all your threads.
10. Now trim your red felt back until you have an outline. Remember always do bigger than you need and then trim. You can take away but you can't add on!
11. Now snipe close to your snowflakes, following the exact outline.
12. Pin your ribbon to the back of your felt piece.
13. Sew tightly and securely into place.
14. Snip the ends of the ribbon diagonally to stop them fraying and you're done!